Popular Posts

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Cake Addiction continues...

Hahahaha! Yes. Another cake. It was for my birthday [MY 21ST!!] so I feel like it was justified!!!!

This one I LOVED making! The outside decorating was super fun and turned out totally adorable!!



The inside was just two funfetti cake mixes (I know I know. Not enough time for making my vanilla from scratch) and I attempted to do a strawberry poke cake variation on it....but I underdid the pouring and so there was really no strawberry pockets to this cake. Sad day.

 The outside was created with a base of vanilla butter cream frosting. The flower was achieved with coloring the same frosting orange and yellow and adding each alternately to the same piping bag. The effect was an awesome two-tone petal! For the center of the lovely flower, I utilized chocolate malt balls. I sliced them  in half (well TRIED to slice them in half lol) and placed them in a circular patter :)

Around the base, I alternately placed full malt balls and strawberry slices. As you can probably see in the picture, the straweberry juice started soaking into the cardboard circle. I'm not sure how to fix that...or if it's even possible to haha. If YOU know, please SHARE!! :D


Funfetti inside. 
attempt in the very front and  the lower right corner
You can sorta see the strawberry poke 


The pics are a little blurry. Bad camera plus bad  lighting equals bad picture. 

BUT it was still waaaay delish!! Perfect celebration dessert for my 21st!



Happy eating!
~MollyMarie

2 comments:

  1. Thanks to give this wonderful article. I really enjoyed to read this article.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post, thanks for sharing this post..

    ReplyDelete