Popular Posts

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Recreating Glory

So. Confession time. Man vs Food makes me feel like I can take on anything! Most of my family gets grossed out watching that guy eat...me? Yeah, sometimes it hurts me to watch him...but other times he inspires me!!

Adam traveled to San Antonio in a rerun that was shown recently. And this particular time watching the episode, I was inspired to bake.

I was inspired to attempt a recreation of glory...otherwise known as the cinnamon rolls from Lulu's Bakery and Cafe.

 (skip to 1:15 for the glory)

Now. As a disclaimer, I did not actually make a 3 1/2 lbs cinnamon roll. I DID however, make some pretty ginormous ones! Aaaaaaannnndddd. THEY WERE DELICIOUS!!!! Can you guess what recipe I used?? Just take a wild guess, and if you have no clue, you need to read my previous posts. :D

**SPOILER** 
I used the best bread recipe in the world as the roll part.

THE LIFE OF A CINNAMON ROLL
starring: a ginormous cinnamon roll
directed by: Molly Marie
Prior to Baking

In the Oven!

Beautious!

The frosting looks fantastic! :)

It's not 3 1/2 lbs...but it's close!!!!


It seems to have a heavenly glow...

The last bite

Bread recipe can be found at: Our Best Bites

for the filling:
1/2    cup    butter
1       cup    brown sugar (firmly packed)
3-4   TBS   gr. cinnamon

for the frosting:
2       oz   cream cheese
1/4   cup  butter
1      cup  powdered sugar
1/2    tsp  vanilla

The very essence of heaven. No joke. I wouldn't lie to you.

Enjoy!
~MollyMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment