Popular Posts

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Graduation Celebration Cake :)

What begins with college and ends with graduate??

MEEEEEEE!!!!

That's right my lovely readers. I have graduated from college! Crazy crazy crazy. I actually graduated two weeks ago and things since then have been mighty hectic. Which is why I haven't posted in a while. I'm still thinking about my Avenger's dessert (the avenger promise). It's HARD! I'm just not on that level if creative genius quite yet...

BUT I did make an awesome cake (yes I made my own graduation cake lol)...and by awesome, I mean totally fantastic...if i do say so myself.

CHOCOLATE CAKE, VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING, RED M&Ms
           

the frosting recipe: HERE

The cake was made from:

two 18.5 oz devil's food cake mix pckgs
4 eggs
3 cups water 
1 cup oil
red M&Ms





I used two 9x13 cake pans and stacked the cakes on top of eachother to give it about 4" heighth. I used the frosting as a layer filling instead of making an entirely separate concoction. (Less work AND it tasted PERFECT! I win.)








The pictures aren't too spectacular, but in real life, this cake looked and tasted GREAT!!



Life is just the best!
Keep baking, keep creating, and keep reading! :)

~MollyMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment