Popular Posts

Monday, March 26, 2012

Stromboli Yum-oli!

I know. I promised you the Snickerdoodle recipe. I lied. Shame on me.

But to be fair...I didn't intend to lie! Honest! I fully intended to make and share said recipe!! Buuuuuut...a couple things got in the way...

Firstly: a cake.

If you're thinking, Death by Frosting...you'd be correct 


My mom and I just HAD to have cake. I'm sure you understand. Strawberry cake (just a mix) with lemon coconut frosting! (I'll be posting the recipe later in April...AND I fully intend to KEEP the promise!!)

Secondly: jelly beans.

It's almost Easter. Starburst jelly beans have appeared on the scene again. And although I'm addicted to sugar like no other...even a sugar-addict can lapse into a sugar coma...we aren't immune. (I wish we were though!) So Snickerdoodles just didn't make it this week....HOWEVER.

Stromboli did.



It's my first time making this...so it doesn't look like it should. I rolled it the wrong way lol. BUT the taste was mighty fine. Mighty fine indeed!!!



And these were so simple! All you need:
*your favorite pizza crust recipe (or just a store-bought frozen pizza dough)
*"toppings" of choice
*olive oil

Really it's that simple.

For this recipe, you'll preheat the oven at the temperature indicated on your bread recipe.

1.Make the dough.
2. Let it rise until doubled.
3. Punch it down. Roll it out (15X12).
4. Brush 1 1/2 tsp olive oil over crust
5. Customized topping placement
           Now, I made a pizza-like stromboli. So I sprinkled 2 TBS parmesan cheese before I added onions, salami, and cheese.
6. Starting from the long end, roll up like a cinnamon roll. Pinch the seams shut and then pinch the ends and tuck under.
7. Place seam side down on a baking sheet lightly sprayed with non-stick spray. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
8. GENTLY cut 3 slits along the top of the stromboli and bake for 15-20 minutes in the pre-heated oven.



Simple and delicious. And...it doesn't have to be perfect to taste extraordinary!!
Happy eating :)
~MollyMarie

No comments:

Post a Comment